- 🎂 Solana Mainnet Beta Celebrates One Year Anniversary
- 🛠 Announcing the Solana x Serum DeFi Hackathon Winners
- 👻 Phantom Launches Beta Version Of In-Browser Wallet For Solana
- 🌆 OKEx and MXC Launch Solana Ecosystem Funds - Bringing $40M In Potential Capital For Solana Builders
- 💲 USDT Is Now Natively Supported On Solana
- 🍣 The SushiSwap Community Votes To Integrate Raydium Into Sushi Ecosystem
- 💰 Raydium Surpasses $200M in TVL & Fusion Pools
- 🤖 Civic Announces Plans To Migrate Their Identity Infrastructure To Solana
- 🎧 Season 3 Of The Solana Podcast Kicks Off
- 🎉 Solana x Serum DeFi Night Event In Shanghai
- 👽 COPE Takes The Solana Ecosystem By Storm
- ☀️ Solana Ecosystem News
👋 The Solana Newsletter
Welcome to The Solana Newsletter. Whether you have been subscribed for a while or are just joining us for the first time this month, we are glad to have you. This newsletter goes out at the beginning of each month, recapping all the exciting news that happened with Solana and the Solana ecosystem the previous month. Things are moving fast, and it’s essential for us to keep our community as updated as possible. As of this writing, the Solana community has grown to over 3M people spanning every continent with over a dozen language-specific communities.
Many innovative things are happening in the Solana Ecosystem right now, so we tried our best to consolidate the past 30 days of activities here. Please forward this newsletter to any friends or family you think would be interested. Let's get started.
🎂 Solana Mainnet Beta Celebrates One Year Anniversary
On March 16th, the Solana Mainnet Beta Network turned one year old. 13 billion transactions, 69 million slots, 63 million blocks, and 55 trillion hashes later, there's a lot to celebrate.
🛠 Announcing the Solana x Serum DeFi Hackathon Winners
To accelerate the already rapid growth of the ecosystem, the Solana Foundation recently teamed up with Serum, a leading project in Solana’s ecosystem, to host a virtual DeFi Hackathon. The event brought together crypto pioneers, popular DeFi projects, and developers worldwide for two weeks of hacking on Solana and Serum. Thanks to the 3,000+ builders who participated in the event!
Coming in first place were Mango Markets and PsyOptions. Mango is a decentralized, cross-margin trading platform with up to 5x leverage and integrated limit orders on Serum DEX’s on-chain order book. PsyOptions is a project that implemented American-style options on Solana, with SOL and SPL token support. PysOptions can be extended to and composable with leveraged, inverse, and volatility products.
A total of 9 standout projects were selected, with over 100 projects submitted in total.
👻 Phantom Launches Beta Version Of In-Browser Wallet For Solana
Phantom is a digital wallet reimagined for DeFi & NFTs. On March 29th, Phantom sent out the first round of invites for beta users to try out the Chrome Extension wallet. With built-in support for NFTs, all native Solana tokens, and ERC-20’s - Phantom sets the standard for wallet interoperability. To stay up to date on product development, make sure to follow Phantom on Twitter. Join the waitlist.
🌆 OKEx and MXC Launch Solana Ecosystem Funds - Bringing $40M In Potential Capital For Solana Builders
Both MXC and OKEx dedicated $40 million to fund promising teams entering the Solana ecosystem, with OKEx making investments through its newly founded Block Dream Fund; the exchanges will receive equity in the form of tokens for their investments. These ecosystem funds trail behind a recent announcement from Coin98 to open up a Solana Ecosystem Fund specifically for builders in Vietnam.
We expect these to be the first of many regional Ecosystem funds created throughout the world. You can learn more about these funds here.
💲 USDT Is Now Natively Supported On Solana
Tether has officially integrated native USDT on Solana. As of this writing, there is $190M Solana native USDT minted.
🍣 The SushiSwap Community Votes To Integrate Raydium Into Sushi Ecosystem
0xMaki, one of the core contributors to SushiSwap, recently submitted a proposal to the Sushi community to collaborate with Raydium, one of the leading AMM protocols built on Solana. The polls closed with 98%+ of the community voting to collaborate with Raydium going forward!
💰 Raydium Surpasses $200M in TVL & Launches Fusion Pools
Over the past month, Raydium has taken the DeFi space by storm, locking in over $200M TVL in only a few short weeks. After the massive success of their farming product, Raydium launched Fusion Pools. Fusion Pools allow for yielding on both assets that are stacked into the LP. That means you’ll receive farming rewards in both RAY as well as the project token for the pool you’re staking. Learn more.
🤖 Civic Announces Plans To Migrate Their Identity Infrastructure To Solana
The integration will allow for improved privacy, regulatory compliance, and ease-of-use as digital identity takes center stage as the cornerstone of the new wave of consumer-first blockchain infrastructure.
In addition to the identity elements Civic is bringing to the Solana ecosystem for any project to leverage, the company is also building a consumer-friendly gateway to DeFi on Solana. Starting with a wallet experience that enhances the vision started with their mobile app on Ethereum. The wallet will offer intuitive design, identity-backed key management, and a safe place to store tokens.
🎧 Season 3 Of The Solana Podcast Kicks Off
Season 3 of The Solana Podcast kicked off with Michael Wagner, CEO, and co-founder of Star Atlas co-founder. Michael and Anatoly sat down to talk about all things Metaverse. Star Atlas is a grand strategy game of space exploration, territorial conquest, and political domination built on Solana.
New episodes will be released each Monday.
🎉 Solana x Serum DeFi Night Event In Shanghai
On March 20th Solana and Serum hosted the first DeFi Night of the year. Over 150 gathered together in Shanghai to connect and learn about the exciting innovations happening in DeFi on Solana. This is the first of many global events Solana plans on hosting throughout the year. After spending so long separated, community and connection have never been more critical. We look forward to meeting you all at a local Solana even near you.
👽 COPE Takes The Solana Ecosystem By Storm
After winning the community choice award for the Solana DeFi Hackathon, the COPE community quickly took over the crypto sphere. COPE is a token project that enables traders to rank their performance and view other traders’ performance in an index based on their Cope score. The ranking creates signals for other traders looking to enter new positions.
Within two short weeks of winning the community choice award, COPE launched the $COPE token and is now listed on a variety of exchanges. For more info, follow the founder of COPE on Twitter.
☀️ Solana Ecosystem News
- Audius breaks 4M MAUs and announces plans for NFT integration. The Audius Passport: Accessing NFTs and beyond directly from the Audius platform.
- Step Finance is the front page of Solana’s DeFi ecosystem.
- Mango Markets launches ICO (Initial Cap Offering).
- Sollet.io launches chrome extension.
- PARISQ integration with Solana is now live on their web portal.
- Star Atlas releases their first newsletter, The Atlassian, outlining roadmap details going into more depth around the Star Atlas universe.
- DeFi Prime Brokerage Protocol and cross-chain decentralized wallet, Oxygen, launches on Solana/Serum.
- Orca, an AMM aggregator of liquidity pools, launches on Solana. Orca’s innovative DEX user experience displays up-to-date token balances without browser extensions and checks prices against CoinGecko, alerting users of discrepancies before they trade.
- MXC commits to integrating USDC issued on SolanaCoin98 Wallet adds native support for USDT on both desktop and mobile.